THIS HOLIDAY SEASON ADD GILLY LOCO
It’s time to celebrate another Christmas Season. While that means plenty of joyous occasions are ahead, it also means that your schedule can get hectic. When you’re asked to bring a dish to the company holiday party, a side to the family dinner, or are hosting your own holiday get-together, you want to make sure that your dish really wows. Still, who has time to spend hours in the kitchen during the hustle and bustle of the holidays?
Fortunately, you can whip up a dish that will make any holiday gathering spicy with ease–Gilly Loco Red Chile Egg Casserole! Inspired by New Mexican cuisine, this casserole packs plenty of spice and is a true crowd pleaser. It’s perfect as a main course for breakfast, brunch or lunch and can make a tasty side or buffet addition for supper. You can have the dish whipped up in less than 12 minutes, and it bakes up golden and delicious in just 35 to 45 minutes. You can even make it the day before and refrigerate it overnight! It’s guaranteed to simplify Seasonal Cooking and make the occasion more festive.
Serves 8 as a main course or 16 as a side dish
Assemble These Ingredients:
- Brown the sausage and then cook it through. (I cheat and use already cooked sausage.)
- Blot the sausage with paper towels to absorb excess oils.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with the tortilla pieces.
- Add half of the cheddar cheese, evenly distributing along the casserole.
- Place the sausage on top of the cheese layer.
- Combine the eggs, milk and salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Beat the egg mixture well.
- Add the egg mixture to the casserole.
- Spoon the red chile sauce over top of the eggs.
- Top it off with remaining cheese.
Extra Time Saving Tip: You can start off with precooked sausage and eliminate steps 1 and 2!
Customize Your Spice: You can add some extra flavor by sprinkling on sliced fresh or pickled jalapenos or any veggies of your choosing. Put them in between the sausage and eggs for best results!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. The cheese should be completely melted and golden brown when the dish is complete.
This Holiday Season, you bring the basic ingredients and the crowd to enjoy them.
Let Gilly Loco bring the spice, and you’ll be in for an unforgettable meal.
HAVE A SPICY HOLIDAY!
I love the idea of making Christmas breakfast the night before and keeping it in the refrigerator overnight.
The only thing to do when I wake up on Christmas morning, is turn on the oven, drink my cup of coffee, and enjoy!
It’s a Loco Family tradition in our home!
Have a Very Spicy Holiday
Also in Loco Living
Gilly Loco's Green Chile Stew is a celebration of the vibrant flavors of the Southwest. Whether you're serving it at a gathering with friends or enjoying a cozy meal at home, this stew is your ticket to a fiesta of flavor that will [...]
Gilly Loco corn tortilla chips contain just five simple, wholesome ingredients: corn, water, a trace of lime, cooked in coconut oil, and seasoned with sea salt. No fillers, no preservatives, no nonsense—just pure, unadulterated deliciousness. [...]
Our Ready to Drink Margaritas are a blend of handcrafted excellence and premium ingredients. We've combined the finest imported tequila from Jalisco, Mexico, with our secret recipe to bring you three mouthwatering flavors: [...]