Red Chili Egg Casserole
August 28, 2017
Serves 8 as a main course or 16 as a side dish
Assemble These Ingredients:
- Brown the sausage and then cook it through. (I cheat and use already cooked sausage.)
- Blot the sausage with paper towels to absorb excess oils.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with the tortilla pieces.
- Add half of the cheddar cheese, evenly distributing along the casserole.
- Place the sausage on top of the cheese layer.
- Combine the eggs, milk and salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Beat the egg mixture well.
- Add the egg mixture to the casserole.
- Spoon the red chile sauce over top of the eggs.
- Top it off with remaining cheese.
Extra Time Saving Tip: You can start off with precooked sausage and eliminate steps 1 and 2!
Customize Your Spice: You can add some extra flavor by sprinkling on sliced fresh or pickled jalapenos or any veggies of your choosing. Put them in between the sausage and eggs for best results!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. The cheese should be completely melted and golden brown when the dish is complete.
This Holiday Season, you bring the basic ingredients and the crowd to enjoy them.
Let Gilly Loco bring the spice, and you’ll be in for an unforgettable meal.
HAVE A VERY SPICY CHRISTMAS!
I love the idea of making Christmas breakfast the night before and keeping it in the refrigerator overnight.
The only thing to do when I wake up on Christmas morning, is turn on the oven, drink my cup of coffee, and enjoy!
It’s a Loco Family tradition in our home!
Have a Very Spicy Holiday
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.